Ms McIntosh has specialist expertise in FAMILY LAW and has appeared and advised in numerous matters in both the Family Court of Australia and Federal Magistrates Court often with excellent results.
Ms McIntosh appears and advises in:
- Parenting Disputes
- Property Settlement matters (involving complex business interests, family trusts, superannuation)
- Divorce matters
- De-Facto relationship (under the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth))
- Binding Financial Agreement matters
Clients who are struggling with marriage breakdown require EXPERIENCE, EMPATHY and CARE! Ms McIntosh understands the stress and pressure on the client and can present their case to the Court to achieve the best possible result. She is, by nature a warm and caring person with a lot of life experience to draw upon. An ESSENTIAL ingredient when understanding the strain that a breakdown in family relationships bring to bear.
It is much less expensive than court proceedings. Ms McIntosh appreciates the significant costs (financially and otherwise) that parties go through in litigated family law and domestic relationships matters and is skilled at helping parties reach agreement through these processes.
The advantages of using Mediation to resolve family law disputes include:
- The issue can be dealt with more quickly than waiting for a court date;
- The parties involved make the decision and so are more likely to \'own\' the result;
- The more conciliatory approach may allow former spouses to preserve their relationship in some way which is particularly important when parties have children.
Ms McIntosh has assisted many clients resolve their issues by attending at mediation with the client. Not all matters are suitable for mediation but Ms McIntosh can help decide and facilitate that process if appropriate.